Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sleek Brow kit in "Dark 818"

Brow kits are necessary art of any beauty arsenal.You get color and precision  all in one small neat package that is easy to carry around and great to use.I have been using this brow kit by Sleek cosmetics for 2-3 months now and its time to share my opinions with you ;)

Product: Sleek Brow kit
Color: Dark 818
Company: Sleek Cosmetics
Website: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/
Amount of Product: 3.8g / 0.13oz
Price: 10.99 $
Ingredients:
Pigmented wax: Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Petrolateum, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, EthylhexylPalmitate, Ozokerite, Squalane, Simmondsia, Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methylparaben and Propylparaben. [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxide Red CI 77491, Iron Oxide Yellow CI 77492, Iron Oxide Black CI 77499]. Suitable for vegetarians. Suitable for vegans. 

 This product is available in four shades (Light , Medium , Dark , Extra Dark)
My thoughts:
Before this i was using the Elf brow kit (which i was satisfied with). But i have had good experiences with Sleek products in the past so i decided to buy this when i hit pan on my elf one.The main difference i found between the two , apart from the more sturdy packaging of the Sleek brow kit was the color and pigmentation.
The Elf brow kit had under tones of very deep reddish brown which didn't appear to blend in with my black brow hair in sunlight.This one though is sort of in the taupe family and blends in with darker colored hair better in my opinion.It is also the more pigmented of the two and not too much product has to to be used to get the desired results.


The brow powder is very soft and it has to be handled carefully , otherwise the powder comes loose and a lot of product goes to waste.The kit contains powder and wax combo along with a tweezer and two brushes for application.My first impression of the small brushes was not good but once i used them , i had to change my mind.The small handles do hamper application but in an emergency situation where its a choice between your fingers and these brushes ;)....... they are not so bad.

If you are in the market for a good , affordable brow kit than this is the product to try in my opinion.Its not too expansive.It is easily available through a lot of Facebook pages selling Sleek online.It is not available in the market though which is problematic ( i guess) if you are not into buying online.I do recommend this product to all my readers :)
Till next time......

10 comments:

  1. hummm looks great, i love my ardell brow palette..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great hunnn,, i love my ardell brow palette.. Brow powders work like wonder..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Shahtaj! I am going to get this kit when I finish my MUA one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great product.I am sure you'll love it:)

      Delete
  4. My GOD such a lovely review dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I'm glad it suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. useful product indeed we often miss to fix eyebrows. well but im looking something creamy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most appreciated , so don't hesitate to share whats on your mind:)And if you like what you see,please show your appreciation by hitting the "follow" button in the side bar:)